International Competition: Short Films 3
Start: 21:00 (duration: ~96 minutes)
Hall: ARENA 5
- Les Pastèques du Cheikh (Sheikh's Watermelons)
- Manivelle: The Last Days of the Man of Tomorrow (Akher Ayam Rajoul El Ghad)
- On the Border (Yan Bian Shao Nian)
- The Girl With Two Heads (La Chica con dos Cabezas)
- The Imminent Immanent (Baga't Diri Tuhay Ta't Pamahungpahung)
Book with a pass
In exchange for a few watermelons he loves so much, an Imam organises emergency funerals. His ex-jihadist assistant suspects a conspiracy... A cutting and witty story.
A young director finds in her manor Manivelle, an automaton given to Lebanon in 1945. As they walk through Beirut, the robot tells its tumultuous story, which is also the story of its country.
Presented in Cannes, this poetic fresco depicts Chinese youth, torn between the desire to go far away and the desire to stay and dream of love on a panoramic wheel that no longer turns.
Shaved head, oblivious to bodily hair, and topless wrestler on the one hand. Make-up, blow-dry styling, and anti-wrinkle cream, on the other. Anne, 18, and her mother Céline explore and question femininity in the 21st century.
While absurd songs appear on karaoke screens, people seem indifferent to the arrival of an umpteenth typhoon, a force of nature that will nonetheless make itself known.…